NEW YORK – February 2, 2023 – With Vinexpo America and Drinks America just weeks away, organizers have announced conference, masterclass and speaker updates for North America’s premier international trade show exclusively for the spirits trade. Hosted by some of the industry’s foremost experts, the show’s thought-provoking sessions will address current events, issues and trends impacting the US spirits market.
The full schedule of conferences and masterclasses can be found online. Here are the latest additions and developments, as well as the experts attendees will hear at this year’s show:
Additions to the master class
- Riedel Crystal of America, Inc. and Julio Ruiz will host a unique sensory experience of Riedel Wine Glass comparative tasting in a session titled Riedel Glassware Seminar Featuring Riedel Veloce. The educational showcase will demonstrate the effect of glass shape and size on the perception and enjoyment of wine. Attendees will also be introduced to the new Riedel Veloce collection, machine-made but with the look and feel of a hand-crafted glass. All participants will take home a set of four Riedel glasses.
- Gabriela Pozo of the Ecuadorian Sommelier Association and MUZE Ecuadorian Chocolate and Doug Frost, MS, MW of Echolands Winery, will present a session on Bubbles and Chocolate – How to Pair Ecuadorian Chocolate with Sparkling Wines of the World. The duo will delve into the world’s sparkling wine styles to determine which origins are perfect for the world’s tastiest chocolates.
- Inclusive leadership – fostering a culture where everyone thrives: Presented by the Wine & Spirits Education Trust, David Rudman, Michelle Brampton, Ikimi Dubose and Deborah Brenner, WSETs Inclusive Leadership panel will bring global leaders to the stage to share their experiences.
- Growing wine and spirits companies and brands during challenging times: Presented by Sonoma State University, this panel brings together industry thought leaders and innovators for an up-close look at their success stories. Mike Votto, chairman and CEO of Votto Vines, and Mike Osborne, founder and executive vice president of Wine.com, will share anecdotes about starting a business during tough economic times and facing challenges in their companies’ growth trajectories. The discussion will discuss the importance of long-term strategic initiatives, the importance of using real-time data to inform decisions, and the initiatives they have implemented along each of their paths to innovation.
- How can wine business turn sustainability into opportunity?: Sustainable Wine Roundtable and panel of speakers including Devon Broglie of Whole Foods, Anne Bousquet of Domaine Bousquet, Emily Kern of Treasury Wine Estates, Erica Landin Löfving of Vintage Wine Estates and Juan Munoz Oca of Ste. Michelle Wine Estates will discuss the impact of introducing sustainability in the industry. The panel will answer questions including how do you effectively lead change in a modern wine business? And how should leading players seek to inspire change beyond their own operations?
- Stellar Wine List of the Year – New York: On March 8, Star Wine List will celebrate the best wine lists in New York for the first time at Vinexpo America. The New York Star of the Year wine list will be judged by an exclusive panel of wine professionals, including renowned sommelier and winemaker Raj Parr, Master of Wine Christy Canterbury, Canada’s top sommelier Véronique Rivest and Master of Wine and Master Sommelier Doug Frost.
- Robin Kelly O’Connor, Managing Director of RKO Vine Global Wine Consultants, will lead a session on DOCa Rioja, a dance between tradition and innovation. With over 200 years of winemaking history, Rioja is a vibrant wine region committed to tradition and evolution. Preserving this experience and tradition, the region is committed to developing with the new realities of the market: sustainability, technology and new consumer tastes. In this conversation, panelists will review Rioja’s traditional foundations and emerging trends.
- What’s new with WSET: Join WSETs new CEO Michelle Brampton and CEO, WSET Americas & WSET Asia Pacific, and Dave Rudman DipWSET as they discuss the future of the association.
- Join one of WSET’s sake experts, Robert McCaughey, Senior Business Development Manager for a sparkling and koshu sake tasting using the systematic WSET tasting approach.
Registration is available online through March 7 for $50; attendees can register at either vinexpoamerica.com or drinksamerica.com to gain access to both shows. On-site registration costs $100.
Vinexposium is the world’s leading organizer of wine and spirits trade events. The group boasts an extensive portfolio of high-performance flagship events tailored to different market segments: Wine Paris & Vinexpo Paris; Vinexpo America, Drinks America; Vinexpo Asia; Symposium; Vinexpo China; WBWE Amsterdam; and Vinexpo India, along with Vinexpo Explorer and Vinexpo Meetings. Vinexposium also continues to enhance its digital portal, Vinexposium Connect, a highly efficient business tool where industry members can connect 365 days a year around the world and enjoy online networking and exclusive content.
About diversified communications
Diversified Communications is a leading international media company with a portfolio of face-to-face exhibitions and conferences, online communities and digital and print publications. As the makers of these market-leading products, Diversified Communications connects, educates and strengthens business communities in over 15 industries, including: renewable energy, healthcare, natural and organic, food and beverage and technology. Founded in 1949 and headquartered in Portland, Maine, USA, with divisions and offices worldwide, Diversified Communications remains a privately held, third-generation family business. For more information, visit www.divcom.com